Pages

Thursday 4 August 2016

Cook Island Week - Nassau

Kia Oranna!

This week is Cook Island Week and I just wanna share something I know about the 15 island that repersent the Cook Islands. Out of the 15 island I picked Nassau, because my Best Friend Matangaro, her reletives stay there and here some interesting Facts I never knew about Nassau.

Nassau Facts:
  • Nassau is located 90 km south of Pukapuka
  • Nassau is only 9 metres witches 28 feet above sea level
  • Nasau is surrounded by narrow reef flat, palms and it the only island without a lagoon
  • Inland there are rich taro swamps, and fruit groves and offshore, there is good fishing
  • The population was 71 according to 2006 census, now in  2009 the population has gone up to 244,400
  • The area of Nassau is 207 km2

From the facts, I was shocked to hear that Nassau is the only Island without a Lagoon, and also its a pretty small island, but has god fishing.


1 comment:

Danni Stone said...

Hi Fusi, thank you for sharing this learning on your blog! I am so glad that we celebrated Cook Island Language Week and I thought it was wonderful that Mata shared her language with you.

Post a Comment