Pages

Thursday 4 August 2016

Kiwi Sport - Volleyball

Today I had fun playing Volley as our school Kiwi Sport. It was our first session playing Volleyball for our sport. Antonia, was our coach for today. She is from the Auckland Sport.

First lesson was to get into pairs. I paired up with Mata. Next we were given intruction to do with your parnter. We had to pratice passing the ball over the net by 'Digging' the ball with both of your hands crossed and bendiing you knees, then Dig.

After that Lesson, we had another technic called 'Set'. When you set, both hands in the air and use your finger tips to push it up and over the net. Mata and I were very good, with keping the ball in the air. Next we did the 3 hits, it was kinda complicated for me but we kept uing the technin we learnt (set,Dig) and it was much easier.

Lastly, Antonia split us up into 4 groups. I was in group 2. We had to vs the other team and who ever wins vs the other who had won the other game. The first team we'd vs was group 1. They were alright, but not that much teamwork going around. The next team we vs was group 4. Group 4 was very challenging for us but when Luisa and Danny Joe set the ball up, I ran and done a spike to the other team, that was cool because that was my first time spiking.


No comments:

Post a Comment